Cat converter security advice
Between 7 and 22 July, 10 catalytic converters were stolen from vehicles in the Ipswich area. 7 of those were Honda vehicles, including 3 Honda jazz cars. The thefts have occurred throughout the day and have targeted vehicles parked on residential roads as well as car parks. Please use the following advice to reduce the risk of having your cat converter stolen:
- If you see any suspicious behaviour around any car, call police immediately on 999. This may include people in high visibility clothing jacking a car up or crawling underneath it.
- Park your vehicle within a locked garage or secure compound if possible.
- Park your vehicle against a wall or another vehicle to make accessing the underside/rear more difficult.
- Install CCTV or park some-where covered by CCTV.
- Use a specialist forensic marking kit to mark your cat converter www.selectamark.co.uk
- Consider fitting a locking device onto the cat converter