Police are reminding people to be vigilant about checking the security of their property at all times after a number of burglaries across the town.
- Always lock your external doors, even when you are at home.
- Check the doors and windows are secure before leaving the house or at night. Don’t assume another member of the household has done it.
- Don’t leave keys in the locks or within reach or sight of the door. Make sure you have a fire plan so everyone in the house can leave quickly in the event of an emergency.
- Windows should be left secure when the room is unoccupied.
- Never leave car keys within reach or sight of the doors or windows.
- Ensure your rear garden is secure and lock gates.
Further home security advice can be found here - http://www.suffolk.police.uk/advice/home-safety.