The Claydon and Barham Recreation Ground is located at the end of Thornhill Road (map). It is large safe area including an enclosed play area for the younger children. It is managed by a group of committee members who volunteer their time to try and provide up to date play and sporting facilities for the local children and youth.
We are always welcoming to new committee members and any assistance and advice is also welcomed.
Although we get maintenance funding from the parish councils we are constantly seeking sponsorship or donations to allow us to continue to develop and modernise the facility.
- A new outdoor fitness suite has been installed and is used regularly from all ages from young kids up to some fit pensioners. We even made the local news!
- New football goals are soon to be installed for the senior football.
- The zip wire has been installed, and is proving very popular.
- Our plans to enhance the play equipment for the youth ages including,
a Zip Wire, Large Climbing Frame and a hard surface multi-play area continue however with restricted funding and the lack of free time to battle the mountain of paperwork this is taking longer than we hoped.
- Redevelop the play area for the young children with up to date play equipment.
How can you help?
- Please come along and join us on the committee.
- If you have expertise/experience in fundraising please offer to help
- If you see vandalism or anti-social behaviour please report it straight away to the police
- If you see dog walkers leaving their dogs mess behind please confront them
and or report it to the police.
- If you notice glass bottles cans etc, please pick them up
and put them in a rubbish bin or a safe place.
- As Chairman I’d like to thank the supportive and proactive Committee
who make my role much easier.
- The Parish Councils of Claydon and Barham for their continued support.
- The local companies who provide their services at minimal cost.